Thursday, December 27, 2012

Protein Shake

Let's take a minute to talk about our friend's protein shake.
I am referring to the woman who inspired me to write this blog, and my friend in my head Brittany Susan.
This shake is a direct steal from her blog.
Her recipe reads as follows
" 3 scoops soy protein powder from Trader Joe's, plus a splash of juice, greek yogurt & some fruit & spinach"
Like any good groupie I ran out and bought the protein powder and tried to make the smoothie.  Here is what I have come up with that works for me

1. 1 cup partially thawed frozen fruit (no sugar added)
2. 1 banana
3. 1 cup total greek yogurt 2-0%
4. 1 tbsp of steamed pureed kale
5. 2 scoops of trader joe's soy protein powder dissolved in 4 oz 1% milk

I could not get 3 scoops of that protein powder to liquify with a "splash" of anything, I wanted to stay away from juice since it's basically liquid sugar which is why I went with milk.  This is a good breakfast and holds me for about 4 hours.

This is when I have a handful of nuts to get me that last hour to lunch.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment