Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lifespan Treadmill Desk

Have bought a Life Span Treadmill desk at Second wind in Roseville
Total cost was just under $1600, which included delivery and set up plus a pad to keep down static electricity.
Pros are that now I am getting exercise where before I was not.  Stopped riding my bike when it got cold and dark.
Treadmill is quiet.  It tells me how long I've walked, how far, and how many calories burned.
It goes quite fast if you use it while you're working I can only really walk about 2-2.5 and still type.
Cons are that it is big and takes up a lot of space.  The whole point of the thing is to use it while you work which presumably means internet, and i could not access internet from my basement.  Also my basement is very cold in the winter.
Also you have to reach down to the base of the treadmill to turn it on and off, which you have to do if you want to reset the pedometer/calorimeter function.

I also have a complaint directed at the man who sold me the treadmill.  He says "this is not to replace your regular workout".  You know what dude step off.  take my toddler and my 40+ hour per week job and then talk to me about a regular work out schedule.  And PS this is exercise, I get all hot while I'm walking and my legs tingle afterwards.
Is it as good as jogging - no.  Is it better than sitting on your ass and only walking to and from your car all winter - yes.

If you can afford it and have the space I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment